Yoga is basically the most important ancient art that aims towards the building up of a healthy mind within a healthy body. For that reason, it is considered to be the harmonizing system which rejuvenates the body, mind as well as the soul. The great saints, therefore, have mentioned yoga to be a universal attribute of mind which enhances the physical, spiritual and mental status of the human body.
The balanced development of these three specifications led the condition where the individual will enhance the positive feeling towards life. On the whole, the yoga in daily life is practiced based on few core principles. Those are
- It is a kind of technique to control the mind as well as body.
- It can be the disciplined and well-organized method to attain the goal.
- Yoga reflects the darsana shashtra or the philosophical part of life.
- Yoga in itself is the goal for the yoga practice.
- Yoga symbolises some traditional specializations of particular techniques of yoga.
In that context when the education is considered yoga has its various important effects. For that reason, our school is practicing the yoga. The basic advantages of yoga are it helps in dealing with various difficulties, conflicts, distractions, problems, and dissipation faced by the children.
By that manner, it will reduce the stress within the children during the education. Other than that yoga education for students results into the growth of the child psychology and for that reason, the curriculums of schools have added upyoga in school education.
Thus theimportance of yoga in education can be noticed the increase in rationality, emotional structure and creative output within the children. Striving for the increase in the physical activity within the children along with the cultivation of healthier outcomes laid the school authorities to know about the importance of yoga in school.
As the society includes a broad variety of schools so the best yoga that can be practised within the schools are Hatha Yoga and Raja Yoga. Our school is one of the best places which provide the detailed idea regarding the yoga. More specifically the concept of yoga revolves around the practical aspects of philosophy which indicates the connection of human soul to supreme power. The role of yoga in education as per the spiritual aspect helps the students to perform their daily duties in the day to day lives. Thus the distinctive features of yoga which will help in establishing a positive impact on children during education are
- It enhances the self-realization or self-awareness within the children.
- It unfolds the physical, mental and spiritual attributes which eventually inculcates the social as well as ecological awareness within children.
- It helps the children for the pursuit of the transcendental state of psyche.
- It promotes uniqueness within the child.
- It promotes the perseverance as well as will power within the child.
- It helps in unfolding the creative consciousness.
- It helps in treating the physical difficulties by making the body active.
- Yoga provides ease to respiratory system, neuro-endocrine system, cardiovascular system and musculo-skeletal system to enhance the determination within the child.
- Regular practice of yoga helps the child in managing the stress disorders.